OUTBOUND FULL MASTER & DOCTORAL
BEIJING INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, CHINA
- Master's program applicants should be university graduates or will graduate by July 31. A doctoral program applicant should have a master's Dgree in the same major or in the relative field of interest;
- Efficient Chinese language skills* (4 grade of HSK) or TOEFL and IELTS scores.
- Recommending by two professors.
*Note: Chinese (Mandarin) is the principle teaching language. BIT also offers some programs in English. Applicants for English taught programs are not required to have Chinese language skills.
2. Application Submission Period
Graduate application is open from January 1 to June 15.
The following materials are required to submit together with your Application Form:
- The Highest Educational Level Diploma ( copy );
- Official copy of Transcript;
- HSK test results (If you have);
- Photocopy of Passport (including the valid visa page if you are already in China);
- Recommendation letters from two professors;
- If you are a current student at one of China’s universities now please present a certificate agreeing to your transfer from its office of international students.
- “Statement of purpose”, describing your study plan andfuture perspective.
3. Apply Online
If you are applying for admission under Chinese Government Scholarship, please apply online at CSC Online Application System. Please be known that the Agency Number of Beijing Institute of Technology is 10007.
Other applicants please log on http://apply.isc.bit.edu.cn, create an account, complete the online application form, submit all required materials. The application procedure is as follows:
Creat an account → Fill in online application form (Upload required documents) → Waiting for University response → pay the application fee → Print out application form and submit hardcopy of all the required materials to the University.
4. Admission Notice and Entry Visa
If your admission is granted, BIT will send you an Admission Notice and a JW202 Form by mail.
With the BIT Admission Notice, JW202 Form (visa form), private passport and personal Physical Examination Record, prospective student may go to the Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for entry visa (X status visa) to China.
5. Campus Housing Application
If you wish to live on campus, please complete a separate campus housing application form, and submit it as early as possible.
Admitted Students should register at the International Student Center (ISC) of BIT, and follow the registration schedule specified in BIT Admission Notice.
If a student fail to register on time without a notice to and agreed from ISC of BIT in advance, he/she may be regarded as giving up the admission.
To register, a student must submit the Admission Notice, JW202 Form, and a Physical Examination Record by original test result.