Inbound Student Exchange
Universitas Mercu Buana (UMB) is a leading private university in Jakarta, Indonesia. UMB has been ranked among the finest universities of Jakarta and has an `A` grade accreditation from the Indonesian Higher Education Accreditation board, a feat only 11 out of the 4000 Indonesian private higher education institutions have achieved.
UMB has three campuses in the metropolis of Jakarta. The main campus is located in the Meruya district of West Jakarta, close to the city center and not far from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The Meruya Campus is also well connected to other parts of the city through the Jakarta Inner City Toll Road System which has its Meruya Gate a mere 500 meters from UMB`s campus. Despite its good location and urban surroundings, the 8 hectar campus is a notably green environment which received 3 Green Campus Awards (2014,2016, 2017). The friendly environment provides a positive atmosphere that encourages learning, creativity, communication and a sense of well-being.
- Semester I : September – January
- Semester II : February – June
|February Intake||September Intake|
|Online Application Period||September – December||February – June|
|Deadline of Application||December 4th||June4th|
|Request for Missing Documents||December 15th||June 15th|
|Evaluation of Applicants||December – January||June – July|
|Sending Admission and Visa Approval Package||The end of January||The end of July|
|Date of Orientation||February 25th*||August 29th*|
|Expected Arrival Date||February 22nd*||August 26th*|
|Exchange Period||February – July**||September – January**|
*subject to change
**exact date will be informed later
- Recommendation letter from home university
- Completed at least one year of study and registered as an active student at home university
- GPA (Grade Point Average) above 2.75 out of 4.0 (or equivalent)
- TOEFL score 500 (paper based) or 61 (internet based)
- TOEIC Score 600
- IELTS Overall Band 5
*Not necessary for native speakers of English
Supporting Documents Required
- Academic transcript from home university
- English Language Proficiency Test Result (TOEFL/IELTS or others) (period of validity of the test results is not more than two years and is intended only for applicants whose native language is not English).
- Certificate of good health from a recognized Hospital or Medical clinic. It is not necessary to attach lab results or chest x-ray.
- Recent photograph (3 x 4 cm) and (2 x 3 cm) with Red Background (for visa purposes)
- Complete scan of the applicant’s passport (every page).
- Recommendation letter from a home university faculty member
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose (background of student and motivation for studying abroad at MBU)
- Proof of funds (bank account statement)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of Insurance
Applicants should be officially selected by their home university in order to be eligible to apply. The home university must send a list of nominated students to Universitas Mercu Buana via email with the following information:
- Student info (full name, email address, length of study and major)
- University info (Name of institution, email address, phone number, mailing address)
- Spring semester: December 4th
- Autumn semester: June 4th
The course registration is due before the date of arrival. Accepted nominees will receive further notification.
Language of Instruction
Depending on the course:
- Bilingual (English-Indonesian)
UMB follows the following academic grading system:
- Fee: IDR 1,000,000 – 2,000,000 per month
- Type: 2-4 people in one bedroom
- Location: On campus dormitory or nearby rented rooms
- Meals IDR 1,300,000,-
- Transportation IDR 500,000,-
- Internet IDR 200,000,-
Every student must keep a valid insurance coverage throughout their stay in Indonesia.
According to the laws of the Republic of Indonesia every foreign student needs to obtain an approval letter from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education before applying for the residence permit at the nearest embassy/consulate of Indonesia.
To ensure that the applicant will receive the calling visa from UMB before the date of departure, the following documents need to be submitted to UMB by 15th December for (applications for Spring Semester) or 15th June (applications for Fall semester): Academic transcript, photo, passport (all page scanned), a recommendation letter from a faculty member, a medical check-up result, a personal statement letter, proof of financial support.