Inbound Student Exchange
Universitas Mercu Buana (UMB) is a leading private university in Jakarta, Indonesia. UMB has been ranked among the finest universities of Jakarta and has an `A` grade accreditation from the Indonesian Higher Education Accreditation board, a feat only 11 out of the 4000 Indonesian private higher education institutions have achieved.
UMB has three campuses in the metropolis of Jakarta. The main campus is located in the Meruya district of West Jakarta, close to the city center and not far from the Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. The Meruya Campus is also well connected to other parts of the city through the Jakarta Inner City Toll Road System which has its Meruya Gate a mere 500 meters from UMB`s campus. Despite its good location and urban surroundings, the 8 hectar campus is a notably green environment which received 3 Green Campus Awards (2014,2016, 2017). The friendly environment provides a positive atmosphere that encourages learning, creativity, communication and a sense of well-being.
|March Intake||September Intake|
|Online Application Period||September 1st – November 15th||April 1st – June 15th|
|Deadline of Application||November 15th||June 15th|
|Complete the Documents||until December 15th||until July 15th|
|Sending Admission||December 15th||July 15th|
|Apply Ijin Belajar DIKTI||December 16th – 31st||July 16th – 31st|
|Apply VISA Online||January 1st – 8th||August 1st – 8th|
|Apply VISA at Indonesian Embassy||January 9th – 15th||August 9th – 15th|
|Expected Arrival Date*||January 16th – 23rd||August 16th – 23rd|
|Apply KITAS||January 24th – 31st||August 24th – 31st|
|Exchange Period||March – July**||September – January**|
*subject to change
**exact date will be informed later
- Completed at least one year of study and registered as an active student at home university
- GPA (Grade Point Average) above 3.00 out of 4.0 (or equivalent)
- TOEFL score 500 (paper based) or 61 (internet based)
- TOEIC Score 600
- IELTS Overall Band 5
*Not necessary for native speakers of English
Supporting Documents Required
- Academic transcript from home university
- English Language Proficiency Test Result (TOEFL/IELTS or others) (period of validity of the test results is not more than two years and is intended only for applicants whose native language is not English).
- Certificate of good health from a recognized Hospital or Medical clinic. It is not necessary to attach lab results or chest x-ray.
- Recent photograph (3 x 4 cm) and (2 x 3 cm) with Red Background (for visa purposes)
- Complete scan of the applicant’s passport (every page).
- Recommendation letter from a home university faculty member
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of purpose (background of student and motivation for studying abroad at Universitas Mercu Buana)
- Proof of funds (bank account statement)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate of Insurance (Every student must keep a valid insurance coverage throughout their stay in Indonesia)
- Bank account statement of previous 3 months with a minimum balance of USD 1500
- Personal Statement (Click here for download the format)
Applicants should be officially selected by their home university in order to be eligible to apply. The home university must send a list of nominated students to Universitas Mercu Buana via email with the following information:
- Student info (full name, email address, home address with postal code, mobile number, length of study and major)
- University info (Name of institution, email address, phone number, mailing address)
The course registration is due before the date of arrival. Accepted nominees will receive further notification.
Language of Instruction
Depending on the course:
- Bilingual (English-Indonesian)
UMB follows the following academic grading system:
Study Permit, Visa and KITAS
According to the laws of the Republic of Indonesia every foreign student needs to obtain an approval letter from the Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education before applying for the residence permit at the nearest embassy/consulate of Indonesia.
To ensure that the applicant will receive the calling visa from UMB before the date of departure, the following documents need to be submitted to UMB by 15th December for (applications for Spring Semester) or 15th July (applications for Fall semester): Latest academic transcript, high school graduation diploma/certificate, photo, passport (all page scanned), a recommendation letter from a faculty member, a medical check-up result, a personal statement letter, proof of financial support.