Raihani Razak (Bruneian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Interesting mix of students from different area of expertise yet me share common grounds on designing the surrounding while maintaining the environment in developing the socio – economic of the area.
- Places of interest for the projects are amusing as we get to compare them for our references
- Lectures were mostly broad and sufficient in terms of context and the message that is meant to be conveyed
- Thus, sincerely grateful for this opportunity to gain first-hand experience to collaborate and cooperate with international level of intellect. Well done!
Nurul Amira Binti Amat Bakri (Malaysian), Universiti Teknologi Mara
First of all, I want to thank Mercu Buana University for giving me opportunity to participate for this project. So far, I’ve been experience a great time since the program has started. All the staff and student from Indonesia has been kind to me and I feel so grateful I’ve join this program. Through this program, I’ve learn new knowledge about architecture also to incorporate with others discipline such engineering faculty. Hopefully, Mercu Buana University can do this program again in the future. Thank you again.
Chan Vui Zen (Malaysian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- Heavy traffic = Special of Indonesia
- Street food
- Meet with lot of friends Taiwanese, Philippines, Indonesian and Tanzanian
- Responsible, friendly, kind Indonesia. Especially Sischo and Amel
- Friendly dean & officers
- Beautiful places
Deanna S. Sawayan (Malaysian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
During my stay and participation of the PBL program, I have gained a lot of new experience and knowledge which is not only for civil engineering study but also architectural, social and infrastructural knowledge. It is a beneficial program to be participated by students of various field.
Aileen Chen Co (Filipino), Far Eastern University
The Project Based Learning is a fun experience for me. I have gained new friends from other countries such as Indonesia, Taiwan, and Malaysia. The program has let me experience new adventures which I cannot do in my home country. Being able to experience different things and eating foods that are very different from what we eat (spicy food) has made me feel thankful that I was given the chance to join this program. I believe that what I have learned from the program will benefit me in my course/department in the near future. It’s such a shame that we will only stay for 8 days but I am very grateful still. Thank you!
Muhammad Afi Bin Mohd Amdan (Malaysian), Universiti Teknologi Mara
- It’s refreshing course for me, but as always, there is something new to learn.
- Made new friend, and we learnt from each other.
- Workload is a bit hectic – should have more students from architectural background/design-based.
Kevin Paolo Viloria Alcantara (Filipino), Far Eastern University
First of all, these two programs is basically a one of a kind good program given to privilege students of different institutions and from of different countries. The development or organization of these programs absolutely gave students of different cultures the social and cultural gain of knowledge where in which took part in is the good and beautiful interaction between. It’s like a definite resemblance of inter-disciplines tend to the bond together strongly with the action of good ideas and concepts exchange.
In my whole stay/join in the program. I absolutely find that wider concept of good friend relationship with different races at which gain of knowledge with the different cultures widen up the knowledge that I simply just have.
I learned a lot from these programs and I definitely give Mercu Buana University the mark that’s basically given to as “A+” because the given service and accommodation (hospitality) provided was just definitely great.
Specifically, what I gained as a new idea or knowledge is that even combination of different culture doesn’t take as like to communicate ideas to bring a beautiful outputs for a certain unknown problem.
Abubakari Juma Bakari (Tanzanian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- I have learned how to work and corporate with people from different courses and different countries.
- I have gained experience on working and organizing group work and leadership skills.
- I have made strong friendship connections with my fellow students and organizers.
- Exploring some places in Jakarta has been one of my favorite experience in my life.
- Working together with energetic students, skillful students and supportive lecturers has inspired me a lot a hard working, teamwork and being creative.
Rayn Victoria Jumao-As Moldez (Filipino), Far Eastern University
Everyone is all welcoming and nice and hospitable towards each and everyone. Now that the PBL is coming to its end. I realized that 8 days is too short because I will miss them all.
I will cherish all our laughs and bonding get together. The program helped me understand more about Indonesian culture and not only that but to also understand more about heritage and urban design.
Ritchelle Ann Ibayan Panerio (Filipino), Far Eastern University
It was a fun experience for me. I met a lot of friends and established a close relationship with each of them. I am very thankful because they always help me. They are very kind to me even though we only bonded for several days. And also tag committee is very kind, it feels like we are at the same age, they always take care of us. I feel like we can accomplish something/anything when we are together. All of us don’t stay or are not from the same country but it feels like we are at the same country but it feels like we are one at heart. I will treasure the friendship I made during the Project Based Learning.
'Izzah Munirah Binti Mohd Ghazali (Malaysian), Universiti Teknologi Mara
A very nice experience involving multi discipline practice. The task is also a very interesting one to revitalize the rundown area of Jakarta. I am so amazed with the kerjasama of the local people of Indonesia in developing the city. Everyone is extremely nice and the content of the seminar is also something that I wish I could involve again in the future.
Symon Vincentz N. Baello (Filipino), Far Eastern University
The program is very helpful in learning. The participants, professors and committees are very welcoming and friendly. They accommodate participants equally and provide everything they need. Which made them approachable.
I gained more knowledge about Indonesia (the culture, people, structures, etc) which will be very helpful to my studies (BS Architecture). I could use it to my future works and research.
Norlisa Binti Hassan (Malaysian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- A lot of experience to gain through the program
- Known a traditional culture through the trip
- Make a lot of friend from Indonesia, Philippines and Taiwan
- Love the food!
- The treat is amazing. We love how all of those people treat us with smile and their kind behavior
- Love to go here again someday
- Please invite us more
Siti Noraishah Fatimah Binti A Aziz (Malaysian), Universiti Teknologi Mara
- I am really honored to be chosen as one of the participants of this program. I had a really great time learning, making new friends and sight-seeing Jakarta
- Indonesians are very friendly and their hospitality is really heartwarming. I never experience any lacking during my stay in here. They are all very helpful and cheerful.
- I wish I can meet them again for Project Based Learning 2.0 as continuation of what we have learnt so far.
Aimi Nazurah Binti Jamain (Malaysian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
- I’ve learnt a lot. The people here are super kind
- I can see different culture other than from Malaysia
- Met new friends who are so kind
- Got friends from different parts of Asia and I’ve learnt their languages
- I’ve learnt new civil ways to improve buildings
- I’ve seen how architectures work and it’s amazing.
Mohd Amirul Hafizhat Bin Mohd Yazid (Malaysian), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
This program helps me to spread my network through the activities provided by Universitas Mercu Buana. I gained a lot of knowledges in each assignment given to me. It include of traditional culture and art of Indonesia. Communication and soft skills were developed through this program, all the staff and lecturer of UMB providing a good treat to participants. I made friends with other participants who came from another country. This program could help students to enhance their mindset and working skills I love all my new friends from Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Taiwan. I hope there are another program that I can join in the future.