UMB at Glance
Universitas Mercu Buana
Universitas Mercu Buana Jakarta was founded by Mr. H. Probosutedjo (Chairman of Menara Bhakti Foundation / Founder of Mercu Buana University), on October 22, 1985, beginning with just 118 students. In the academic year of 2014 – 2015 the university welcomed 25,000 active students on 23 programs. 2 Diploma programs, 16 undergraduate programs and 5 post graduate programs. All courses have been accredited by the National Accreditation Board of the Republic of Indonesia.
Universitas Mercu Buana is considered to be one of the leading private universities of both Indonesia and its capital, the modern megalopolis of Jakarta.
Development Cooperation and International Office
In moving into a World-Class University, MBU have been responding positively to the dynamic change in the severe higher education competition. Progresses achieved by MBU in the third decade have shown significant development, either in MBU’s academic environment as well as in the international cooperation with foreign Higher Education Institutions. The cooperation is established among universities from China, Malaysia, Europe, Australia, Korea, Thailand, United Emirate Arab and Japan.
The International cooperation would enable students to be exposed into global environment through exchange of students. Inviting foreign lecturers with a world-class expertise will facilitate the development of MBU students into globally qualified professionals. While the wide-arrays of business and industry cooperation nationally as well as internationally, would enable a quality internship, credit earnings, twinning and double degree programs for students of different faculties at MBU. International programs are managed by International Office of Mercu Buana University.
Multi-national teaching faculty members, of the partnering academic institutions, as well as exchange students, or MBU students who will continue their further studies abroad at the partner institutions, would be taken care bypartner internationally staffs of MBU International Office.
Universitas Mercu Buana Accredited “A” by
National Accreditation Board
The Meaning of Mercu Buana Logo
The logo of Mercu Buana is by the power of flame it consists of three divisions. It represents three basic philosophies of higher education in Indonesia, education, research and community services. The educational philosophy is represented by the middle flame, while the research and community services philosophy are indicated consecutively by the right and left flames.
The philosophical meaning of Mercu Buana
The word Mercu Buana is derived from the word “Mercu” means the lighthouse tower and “Buana” means the earth. The tower is indicating strong building which serves as lighthouse, while the word “Buana” is the symbol of the society or the people.
It is intrinsically mentioned on the symbol that the University of Mercu Buana shall be the leading university which bring benefits to the nation in achieving prosperous and intended society as stated on Indonesia ideology, Pancasila.
Discipline, honesty and integrity are the principles of UMB’s institutional ethics. These three things have to become the breath of UMB’s faculty members and students.
Be creative: Creativity is a value of an individual who wants to create a better life for himself and his environment. Problems are not meant to be obstacles but stimuli for finding solutions, means to improve ourselves and our circumstances.
Be environmental friendly: The 20th century has taught the world that the negative effects of neglecting our ecological footprint always come back to us. UMB is thoroughly committed that all working unit, employees and lecturers shall always take care of their environment.
Local wisdom: Enhancing creativity within local communities is crucial to be winners in a global competition. UMB is committed our local wisdom is also in line with a domestic resource based policy.
Undergraduate Program at six faculties:
We have six master degree and 1 doctoral degree
Universitas Mercu Buana Research Centre
The Research Centre serves as a resource and provides administrative assistance for research activities at Mercu Buana University. The Research Centre team works together to develop and maintain efficient administrative and business processes and practices that provide seamless and consistent support to MBU researchers for both internal and external research awards, as well as provides information and assistance to meet human research ethics requirements.
- The Research Centre also provides clerical, budgetary, and administrative support services for the University’s research related Committees.
- Some of the research which have been carried out by MercuBuana Research Center:
- Finance Performance, Share Price Expensive Level, Share Return and Share Liquidity Analysis of Manufacture Company Which Is Doing Stock Split and Not Doing Stock Split
- Implementation Effect of Simple Accounting with Entrepreneur Motivation for Small Entrepreneur at MercuBuana University Jakarta
- Integration Analysis for Five ASEAN Countries’ Money Market Toward ASEAN Single Market
- Market Risk Measurement Study (Value at Risk. VAR) with Exponential Weighted Moving Averages Model (EWMA) and Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity (GARCH). Case Study: IHSG, LQ45 and Rupiah Rate
- Campaign Strategies of Non-Governmental Organizations in Mitigating Environmental Destruction in Indonesia
- Evaluation of Press Freedom After 12 Years Reformation
- Woman Representation as Sexual Object in Movie from Different Culture (Comparison Analysis Between Western Movie, Asian Movie with Indonesian Movie)
- “Cimosa” Concept Integration for TQM in Getting Quality Standardization at University
- Formation Controlling Design for Multi Robot System Coordination Using “Fuzzy” Logic Controlling
- Dielectric Characteristic Determination with Micro Wave
- Cooperation Pattern in Managing Flats at DKI Jakarta
- Application Study of Green Building at Jakarta: The Review of Green Building Base Law
- Landscape Differentiation Effect with Column Measure Determination Coefficient at Earthquake Area 3
- Motorcycle Driver Behaviour Effect Toward Accident Potential and Non Signal Intersection Performance
- Simple Flats Physical Environment Effect Toward Children School-Age Social Interaction Pattern and Playing Pattern
- Study of Crumb Rubber Processing Factory Base On Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Issuers Sustainability Report Quality Comparison Study at Regional Stock Exchange (ASEAN): With Graphical Information Disclosure Index Approach
- Dividend and Volatilities Policy of Stock Price: Indonesia’s Experience